2016 Open: Please Read for Important Info!
The Open is almost upon us! If you are asking, what the heck is “The Open” (http://games.crossfit.com/
To ensure that you perform your best in the 2016 CrossFit Games Open, we will be offering several clinics in preparation for the movements we are sure to see in the WODs. Check out the content below for key dates, information, and steps to success.
Pre-Open Prep: (Feb 9th- Feb 25th)
There are several things you can do before the Open starts to get yourself prepared!
1) Sign up! Go to http://games.crossfit.com/ register, and join the affiliate Crossfit Terminus-it is $20, but well worth it!
2) Put the movement you would be most excited to see show up in the workouts, as well as the movement that you most would not want to see on the white board
3) Attend the intermediate or advanced (RX) Open Prep Clinic put on by Casey and Dayne.
-this prep course will focus on gymnastics elements found in the open such as pull-ups, chest to bar, toes to bar, muscle ups, handstand pushups, single unders, and double unders and will also touch on workout strategy and barbell cycling
4) Mark your calendars for these prep courses!
-February 20th (Intermediate) at 3:30 PM. Intermediate is a great option if this is your first time doing the Open, or if you are still working on getting pull-ups and toes-to-bar.
-February 21st (Advanced) at 1:00 PM. If you have done the Open before and want to improve your score or make that jump from Scaled to RX on the workouts and are missing just a couple of skills, this is a great option for you.
If you are not sure which session is for you, just ask Dayne or Casey.
5) Get assigned to a team. We will be breaking up all participating athletes into 3 teams (Team names TBD). All you have to do to get on a team is sign up on the games site! We will break up the participating athletes ourselves.
-each team will gain points for
- athletes attending the workout/Friday Night Light
- posting a valid score on the Games site
- overall team spirit!!!
Throughout the Open (Feb 25th-Mar 28th), we will be having a Friday Night Lights style event for each Open announcement and here is what you can expect:
1) Thursday night, Casey will attempt the Open workout as soon as it is announced. He and Marshall will both create a video covering mobility tips, workout strategy, and general approach. These videos will be posted on IG, Facebook, and Youtube. Share with friends who are also competing in the open.
2) 6, 7, 8:30 a.m. and Noon classes will all go on as normal each Friday, with those classes completing the Open workout.
3) Each Friday night, the gym will open at 4:30 p.m. and we will run heats with gameday atmosphere, judges, announcements, team prizes, and general spirit. It is suggested that you show up to the gym at 5:30 to get the whole experience. This is a great time to invite friends, families and coworkers to see this “Crossfit Thing” and be a part of our awesome community for the night!
4) Those who have already done the workout in the morning are encouraged to come back and cheer on their teammates.
5) The final Open workout (16.5) will be done on March 26th (Saturday) and will include an after-party, crowning the winning team.
6) One re-test will be allowed during the Open and these will occur on Sunday at a pre-determined time. These opportunities will include a $10 Open Gym charge to staff the time. No re-attempts will be allowed on Mondays.
7) If you have a friend who wants to do the Open workouts with you at Friday Night Lights, they are welcome! Drop-ins are welcome to do the workout during the festivities. Please let them know we cannot accommodate Open attempts outside of Friday Night Lights.
This will be an exciting 2 months for Terminus! Looking forward to seeing everyone in action.