Is CrossFit for everyone?
The beauty of CrossFit is that workouts can be scaled to fit each individual’s fitness level. Whether you are a beginning or advanced athlete, CrossFit can effectively improve your fitness. Technical instruction is critical to ensure athletes perform movements safely and efficiently, and that is where CrossFit Terminus sets itself apart from many other CrossFit facilities. Technical instruction is our expertise.
There are a lot of CrossFit gyms in the Atlanta area. What differentiates CrossFit Terminus?
This is a hard question to answer. Every gym is unique and has its own personality (for lack of a better word). At Terminus we are serious about training, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. We are sticklers for technique and passionate about technical instruction, but if you come in with an open mind and are ready to commit to continuous improvement, we promise you will see results.
We can say without a doubt that one of our strengths is the quality of coaching you will receive when you become a member of our community. Our coaching staff has helped both casual exercisers and competitive athletes improve their lives through fitness. But don’t take our word for it — browse through some of the stories our members have to tell about their Terminus experience.
The best way to find out if Terminus is what you are looking for is to arrange a visit. Our Saturday classes (8:30, 9:30 and 10:30 AM) are particularly good for getting to know us and experience what Terminus is all about. We love to meet new people, so feel free to contact us to setup a visit!
Do you take drop-ins for one-time workouts?
Yes! We would love for you to visit us and experience what Terminus is about. We do have a few rules in order to manage drop-in traffic effectively:
- You must use our online registration to reserve your spot in class. Click here to start the registration process.
- Drop in fee is $25 or you can purchase a T-shirt or Hoodie.
- We do not have “Open Gym” time and visitors must participate in a class session.
- Please be at least 10 min early before your scheduled session or we will not be able to allow you into that session.
- You must currently be a member of a CrossFit Affiliate.
- You have a solid understanding of the 9 foundation movements: squat, front squat, overhead squat, press, push press, push jerk, deadlift, sumo deadlift high pull, and the medicine ball clean.
- You are familiar and currently practice weightlifting: snatch/ clean and jerk
- Be open to the coaching you might receive. We may correct your form, lower your weights, or ask you to modify.
- Due to class size, 6AM, 4:30PM and 6:30PM are not available for drop-ins.
- Have fun being a part of our community!!
How do I become a member of CrossFit Terminus?
CrossFit Terminus has a Foundations Program for new members. This program is a series of classes that meets four times a week for four weeks and teaches clients the fundamental movements, exercises, and methodologies of CrossFit. After completing the Foundations Program, members can join group classes.
Foundations class start dates occur every Monday, and the classes take place on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursdays at 6:30am and 6:30pm. Class sizes are generally small, ranging from two to eight members. If you are unsure about whether CrossFit Terminus is for you, you are welcome to try a Foundations class for free! Please contact us to get started.
How often should I attend classes at CrossFit Terminus?
Members should commit to attending three or more classes per week to ensure steady and sustained progress.