We invite all current and former Terminus members to compete in this friendly partner competition! The competition will be held on Saturday November 12th from 8am-12pm. The competition will be made up of 3 scored events + a surprise floater event. There will be an Rx division and a scaled division! You pick the division, we pick your partner! The Top 3 teams from each category will compete in a final workout as well! Cost to sign up is $10 plus a non perishable food item to be delivered to the free fridge in EAV before Thanksgiving. Top podium spots will be competing for a chance to win a Turkey! If you do not wish to compete, but still want to participate, we would love to have you as a volunteer!
8 quick competition tips:
- Eat a sufficient amount of food the day before competition. Consider increasing nutrient dense carbs a bit more than you normally eat.
- Hydrate the day before competition and on competition day. Drink a minimum of 64oz water. Consider adding electrolytes.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Start winding down by 9:30. Lights out by 10pm.
- Do not eat or drink anything out of the ordinary on competition day. Stick to the norm. Eat a sufficient breakfast and do not do anything weird like experiment with pre-workout for the first time.
- Short workouts require a longer warmup. If it’s a sprint workout, make sure you’ve gotten your heart rate high and worked up a good sweat. Longer workouts require less warm-up time but make sure your body is loose and you’ve talked through strategy with your partner.
- Immediately following each workout, make sure you cool down at about 50% effort for at least 5 minutes. This will allow your body to be more fresh for the next workout.
- Plan to eat something with protein and carbs within 20 minutes after each event. Eat/drink a little bit, even if you don’t feel hungry.
- Enjoy the day! Nerves are good. Be proud of yourself for doing something challenging.